Saturday 25 August 2012

Pageant Vixen Talks: Jessica Michelle Kahawaty (Miss World 2012 2nd Runner Up)

Before, Jessica left for Miss World 2012 pageant at Ordos China, we were privileged to interview and get to know more of her. 


Jessica Michelle Kahawaty was born in Sydney, Australia on September 12, 1988 of Lebanese-Australian descent. The first pageant Jessica won was Miss Lebanon World 2008 where she gained the right to represent Lebanon at Miss International 2008 where she eventually placed as one of the Top 12 semifinalist. Craving to go to Miss Universe, she joined and qualified at Miss Universe Australia 2009 where she ended up at Top 10 spot. 1 year later, she joined Miss Lebanon where she ended up as Third Runner Up. 2 years later, she joined Miss World Australia 2012 and won. Just recently, she was hailed as 2nd Princess at Miss World 2012 pageant at Ordos China.

Universal Beauty Council: Introduce yourself briefly with a twist, twist is that you'll introduce yourself like you are in a pageant.

Jessica: My name is Jessica Kahawaty and I am in my final year studying a combined degree in Law and Business Finance. I am from the beautiful multicultural Australia…

Universal Beauty Council: How do people see Jessica as a person/friend/beauty queen?

Jessica: People see me as a young lady with a lot of passion and zest for life, dedication to working hard and most importantly compassion for others.

Universal Beauty Council: How did your passion for pageants changed you?

Jessica: I have competed in pageants since I was 17 years old. They have undoubtedly shaped me into the person I am today – one that leverages opportunities for the greater good of people universally and one that strives to be the best representative for their country

Universal Beauty Council: When you represented Lebanon in the Miss International pageant, how was it?

Jessica: I had an incredible time at Miss International where I ranked 5th out of 75 countries – an experience that definitely gave me a glimpse of what is yet to come in a pageant such as Miss World that is so different as it focuses on the substance of young women through 'Beauty with a Purpose'..

Universal Beauty Council: Seeing yourself part of the top 12 in Miss International, how did it motivate you to join another pageant like Miss World?

Jessica: Miss International was the first step I took internationally at a very young age, which made me extremely motivated to grow into a better person and hone in on my best attributes. Once I thought I was ready for a more prominent pageant with a focus on charity, I entered Miss World 2012

Universal Beauty Council: What is the difference of representing Lebanon and Australia?

Jessica: While representing Lebanon, I was celebrating the background of my parents and the history of where my ancestors came from. As I represent Australia today, I am an ambassador for the country I was born, raised and educated in – a true privilege indeed

Universal Beauty Council: How do you prepare for pageants like Miss International/Miss World?

Jessica: Miss World requires a different approach in preparation to other pageants. Miss World takes a holistic approach in finding a deserving winner of the title through various categories such as fitness (which I have been working very hard at!), talent (my piano skills), social media (through my 12,000 followers on facebook), dance (my country’s traditional indigenous dance) and most importantly using one’s beauty for a purpose (through my charity work where I raised tens of thousands for disadvantaged children).

Universal Beauty Council: How do you describe the saying of Miss World, "Beauty With A Purpose?"

Jessica: The Beauty with a Purpose motto is the basis for projects held by Miss World national contestants that raise charitable funds and make lasting contributions to the lives of the disadvantaged. Having raised hundreds of millions of dollars, I believe that Julia Morley as head of the organisation, is the epitome of poise and kindness, a true philanthropist in this day and age, who teaches women that our beauty can be used for powerful charitable purposes.

Universal Beauty Council: What can you do to make yourself as "Beauty With A Purpose" in short, what is your advocacy?

Jessica: Beauty with a Purpose as mentioned, revolves around charitable work of beautiful and powerful women. I would embark on non-profit projects for a multitude of issues, get young women involved and bring a holistic approach so that I appeal to all causes. I would bring the media’s attention to not just my words but actions and cast light to a wide range of environmental, social and charitable issues that I would advocate for on behalf of Australia.

Universal Beauty Council: How will you treasure this experience of joining TWO big pageants?

Jessica: I have and will always treasure the events experienced, relationships formed and lessons learnt from the international pageants. Through photos, videos and continuous communication with the contestants, I think it is important to be reminded of an incredible fulfilling experience.

Universal Beauty Council: BEAUTY TIP TO ALL

Jessica: Be happy! It will radiate on the outside!

Universal Beauty Council: Message to your fans.

Jessica: Thank you for continuing to believe in me. I promise I will make a difference in this world - small or large!

Universal Beauty Council: Thank you so much Jessica! :D