Thursday 20 September 2012

Pageant Vixen Talks: Katherine Webb



Last week, we had Agnes Benitez on our Pageant Vixen Talks. This time, we will get to know about a stunning and lovely girl who represented her state at the Miss USA 2012 pageant wherein she finished TOP 10. Let's get to know Katherine Webb.

UBC: How will Katherine describes herself in 3 words and why?

KATHERINE: Christian, Classy, and Passionate
-First and foremost, I am a Christian. I was raised in a Christian-based household and I definitely contribute that to defining myself to the type of person I am today.
-I am classy because that is how my grandmother taught me to be! She is the definition of class and sophistication and I knew from a young age that I wanted to be just like her. “When you are classy, you are sexy”.
-I am a very passionate person. I truly care about people and I enjoy bringing a smile to other people’s faces because it brings a smile to mine. I am passionate about life, success and making a difference no matter what it is that I am doing or where I am going.

UBC: Being Miss Alabama 2012, how does it feel?

KATHERINE: I wish there was a way that I could combine all of these emotions that I am feeling and make it into just one word, but I can’t! I feel excited, thrilled, honored, humbled, appreciative, and also empowered. I feel empowered to do great things with my title as Miss Alabama USA. I want to leave a legacy and to set an example for future titleholders to be the very best they can be overall.

UBC: Was being Miss Alabama your dream?

KATHERINE: It didn’t become my dream until I competed in my first pageant four years ago. I competed for the first time because I thought it would be a great experience and I would be able to make lifelong friends along the way. It wasn’t until then that I realized that I could do so much with my title as Miss Alabama USA. I would have the opportunity to be a positive example for younger girls and to inspire them to achieve greatness in whatever it is that their heart desires, which in itself was my dream and my heart’s greatest desire. 



UBC: What made you decide to join Miss Alabama?

KATHERINE: I have always had a stressful time trying to figure out what it was that I wanted to do with my life, and what it was that the Lord wanted me to do. I had a lot of interests and I had a lot of things that I felt that I was good at, and that itself made it hard to narrow down my choices into just one career path. For example, I changed my major a total of four times in college! You often hear people say that once you find something that makes you the most happiest, you wont ever “work” a day in your life again. Along the way, I realized that what brings me the most enjoyment and most satisfaction is seeing someone become happy from something that I did for them. I knew that competing for Miss Alabama USA would give me the perfect opportunity to do that, and at the same time, be involved in an industry that I am very much interested in.

UBC: How does it feel to bring your "State" to the Miss USA pageant this June?

KATHERINE: It feels amazing! I was born and raised in Alabama. Although, I have lived in Georgia to attend middle school and high school for a short time, Alabama is very much apart of me and I am so thankful to have lived in such a beautiful state. The southern hospitality, the traditions, and the beautiful scenery of Alabama is what sets us apart from any other state in the US and to bring home the title of Miss USA since 1967 would be such a great honor and achievement.



UBC: Is it a pressure for you to really put Alabama on top in the pageant?

KATHERINE: I don’t feel that there is pressure for me to make sure that Alabama is on top. I think it is more about me just being a representative of my state and knowing that I need to work the hardest I can work and to do the very best that I can do to prepare for nationals. No matter the outcome, I know that my hard work will pay off and that I will make Alabama proud at Miss USA.

UBC: Madeline Mitchell, Miss Alabama 2011, did a great job last year, is it a pressure for you to be in the semi-finals just like what she did?

KATHERINE: I think it would be unfair for me to put that kind of pressure on myself. One thing that I have learned throughout this process is that you can not compare yourself to others because your accomplishments and your achievements are not based from what their accomplishments were. Your achievements are based from what YOU did and how you challenged yourself to do the very best you can do as an individual.



UBC: Did Madeline give you any advice to carry in Miss USA?

KATHERINE: Absolutely! She told me that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and to not let this moment in your life go by without taking it all in, and really treasuring every moment you have while you can because it goes by so fast. Go in with a competitive mindset, but develop relationships with the other girls at the same time. They are all competing for the same thing you are and if you can put that past you, then you will have friendships that you will carry throughout your life. 

UBC: Now, How are you preparing for the pageant?

KATHERINE: Lots and lots of training! When you are at the national level, everything about you is put under a microscope for all to see. Whether it’s the way you look, how you act, and what you say, it is all put out in the open. I am preparing for Miss USA just as I did for Miss Alabama. The only difference is that I have access to a team of professionals who are specialized in makeup, wardrobe, communication, and overall physical fitness who will have me ready for Miss USA.

UBC: What would make you different among the candidates?

KATHERINE: Honestly, I am competing with the best of the best. Each one of these girls was picked in their state because they have something special and they have what it takes to compete at the national level. Based on outward appearance, I will probably be taller than most of them. Add about three inch heels and you have a 6 foot 2 inch contestant! Speaking internally, I am different because my motivation and my desire for the title come solely from my experiences in life, which I guarantee is nothing like any of the other contestants.



UBC: After Miss USA, what advocacy will you continue to make as Miss Alabama?

KATHERINE: To be one of the few, true role models for younger girls who have dreams and desires just as I did. After Miss USA, I will continue to represent my state the best way I know possible and leave a legacy for future titleholders to follow.

UBC: How will you share this experience to your future family?

KATHERINE: I plan to make a scrapbook of newspaper clippings, pictures and memorabilia for me to share to them when the time comes. I currently keep a journal, and to be able to share that to my future children will be an awesome thing.



UBC: Beauty Tip To All.

KATHERINE: Eating healthy, hitting the gym and getting enough sleep! I can tell you what beauty tricks I use for quick fixes, but when you eat right, sleep well, and exercise daily I guarantee you that your body will thank you over time.

UBC: Message to all your fans! :)

KATHERINE: “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” - Muhammad Ali


Thank you so much Katherine for this opportunity of letting us interview you! Thank you to our interviewer, Jay-Em who made great effort for this interview. Stay tuned for more Pageant Vixen Talks.

DISCLAIMER: We DO NOT own the pictures, thanks to Miss USA Official Website!