Wednesday 17 April 2013

Pageant Vixen Talks: Tamerin Jardine








Few days ago, we got to know Miss Earth US Virgin Islands, Carolyn Whitney Carter. Our Miss Earth talks doesn't end there! We still have more to go and one of them is Tamerin Jardine who finished Top 8 in Miss Earth 2012. Tamerin has a very big heart and has a very big advocacy to promote especially in her country, South Africa. Now, let's get to know more about her.

UBC: Describe Tamerin Jardine in 3 words and explain each.
Tamerin: Green: I am passionate about animals and the environment and finding sustainable solutions to tomorrow’s environmental problems.
Compassionate: I am a very caring person; every person (and animal) that I meet very quickly finds a place in my heart.
Composed: I believe that it is very important to be calm under pressure and I believe that through my composure in stressful situations I am able to maximize the impact that I have on people.

UBC: How were your childhood years?
Tamerin: They were incredible; I spent my childhood surrounded by animals – caring for them on our family farm. Animals have always been such an important part of my life and being around animals is something that genuinely makes my heart happy.

UBC: How did the passion for pageants developed in you? Have you always dreamed of becoming a beauty queen?
Tamerin: I have never really had a passion for pageants and for me the Miss Earth South Africa is so much more than a pageant, it is a platform that allows young women to make a difference in their communities. The platform that Miss Earth South Africa provides is very “me,” it speaks to me on a personal level and it is everything I have ever wanted to be. Animals and the environment have been a burning passion of mine for as long as I can remember.



UBC: What pushed you to join Miss Earth South Africa?
Tamerin: The Miss Earth South Africa programme appealed to me because as an organisation, they truly care and make a significant difference to our environment. Miss Earth South Africa prides itself on being a leadership programme for young women to become environmental leaders in their community. What also drove me to become part of the programme was the chance to make a real difference to the plight of animals as well as encourage others to use sustainable energy and be more environmentally conscious.

UBC: When you won the title, what was the first thing you do?
Tamerin: The first thing I did was to remind myself to breathe. I had lots of tree plantings and greening projects in the first few weeks after my crowning, which was incredible as the work started instantly!

UBC: How are you preparing for Miss Earth 2012?
Tamerin: Lots of gym and reading up on different environmental projects on the go around the world. I’ve also been doing a lot of reading about the Philippines and the culture of the country that will be my home for almost a month.



UBC: What environmental advocacy are you promoting?
Tamerin: I am prompting the used sustainable and renewable energy; "sustainable energy, being the creation of enough energy for all, forever,” as well as my personal love animals. As Ghandi once said, "A society should be judged by the way it treats its old people and animals.”

UBC: What do you expect in your stay in the Philippines for the pageant?
Tamerin: I hope to win for my country, as it is a beautiful place trying to make a sustainable difference to our environment. Also I have worked my whole life to be an environmental leader and Miss Earth International will be an incredible platform to make an impact and a difference on an international level. I’m also very much looking forward to interacting with all of the other contestants and learning about their cultures and countries.




UBC: How will you develop a friendly competition?
Tamerin: I don't believe that being nasty will get you very far in life, so I will respect each contestant and her property, I will also do my best to stay out of any conflict. I am there to represent my country and I intend to do so with pride and in a way that the people back home will be proud of. South Africa is filled with friendly, warm, open people and I intend to represent that aspect of our culture.

UBC: What advice did Dominique Mann gave you for this pageant?
Tamerin: She said stay focused and enjoy each experience, as it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

UBC: After the pageant, what activities are you involved in your reign?
Tamerin: I am hoping to win so will be involved in the projects of Miss Earth International in addition to continuing my work with the Miss Earth South Africa organisation as well as driving the projects close to my heart – sustainable energy development and cultivating a culture of respect for animals.

  
UBC: Any advice for our "aspiring Earth Warriors" like you?
Tamerin: Don’t give up. Yes, the mountain is high to climb but each step we take in this environmental challenge takes us one step closer to the top. Live each day trying to make a green new choice and stay passionate.

UBC: Beauty Tip To All
Tamerin: Use environmentally friendly products and products not tested on animals. Mother earth has all the ingredients to keep us looking beautiful naturally.

UBC: Message to your fans.
Tamerin: Thank you for all your incredible support and your belief in me. Your encouragement, love and support have been so humbling. I hope to make you proud, no matter the outcome, in every decision I make in life.


Thank you so much to the Miss Earth South Africa Organization for making this possible. Also, thank you to Tamerin for giving us this opportunity to interview her. We are so thankful for this interview. Hope you will continue what you've started. We are here to support you in any decisions you make. Good luck to Miss Earth South Africa 2013!